ACCOUNTING & AUDITING BUSINESS CONSULTING BUSINESS VALUATION FORENSIC ACCOUNTING HEALTHCARE LITIGATION SUPPORT TAX PLANNING & COMPLIANCE WEALTH MANAGEMENT
To help legal professionals realize the potential of their claims, Edelstein & Company is often asked to work in a variety of capacities.
- As consultants, we are engaged to advise the attorney about the facts and issues of a case. These situations do not result in expert testimony.
- As expert witnesses, we are retained to render an expert opinion at trial.
- As mediators, we assist the disputants in reaching a negotiated settlement of their differences.
- As arbitrators, we render a decision – generally binding – after hearing arguments and evidence from the parties involved in a dispute.
- As special master, we act as the representative of the court in some particular act or transaction.
We provide services in the following areas:
- Damage Calculations, such as:
- Lost profits
- Lost value
- Contract costs and claims
- CPA malpractice
- Fraud Investigation, including:
- Internal control analysis
- Test of transactions
- Conversion testing
- Employee, corporation and other
- Civil and criminal
- Alter Ego
- Transfer pricing
General ledger analysis
Financial statement analysis
- Analysis of discretionary spending
- Tracing of funds
- Allocation of alimony and/or child support
- Cash flow available to business owner(s)
- Assist counsel with case strategy and analysis of documents