Nonprofit Organizations Today
Nonprofit organizations are defined by their missions. But today nonprofit organizations are facing both financial and regulatory pressures. Among the difficulties the typical nonprofit organizations are confronting, one in particular stands out – the ever-increasing competition for financial support in a weak economy. This puts a particular burden on nonprofits to:
• Manage their budgets as efficiently and effectively as possible
• Convey the state of their finances to their funding sources in order to assure those funders that they are running their operations in a fiscally responsible way
• Provide assurance to their Boards of Directors that their financial house is in good, working order
Edelstein & Company has worked with a wide range of nonprofit organizations to help them adopt a more businesslike approach to their finances.
How We Can Help
Among our specific accomplishments, we have:
• Helped our clients improve their accounting systems to more accurately support their internal and external reporting needs
• Assisted their accounting departments to restructure in a way that allows their employees to operate more efficiently
• Made sure our clients are aware of changes in the regulatory environments in which they operate that could have a direct impact on their nonprofit status
• Served our clients in a consultative capacity to help them deal with issues associated with growth, including establishing strong internal controls and addressing staffing needs
• Assisted many nonprofits organizations in complying with the requirements of maintaining their tax-exempt status
Our success in this sector is largely attributable to our thoroughness, flexibility, ability to listen and ability to communicate with both the management of the organizations and their Boards of Directors.
To view State Filing Requirements click here.
Click here to access a Nonprofit Case Study