As a full-time employee, your medical premiums as a single person will be covered by the firm. Edelstein & Company LLP pays for 55% of the family premiums; the remaining 45% may be withheld on a pre-tax basis from the employee’s weekly pay.
The firm offers two levels of dental coverage, either at an Employee or Family level. The firm pays one-half of the Basic, Single premium, and participants pay for the remainder of the premium for the plan they select. This can be done with a pre-tax payroll deduction.
Group Life Insurance – AICPA Insurance Plan
You will be immediately enrolled in a basic $15,000 life insurance policy. After six months’ employment, you will be eligible to enroll in our group life insurance plan with premiums paid by the firm. Coverage is twice annual earnings, up to $500,000.
Profit Sharing Plan and 401(k) Plan
Profit Sharing: Employees who are at least 21 years of age become a member of the profit sharing plan on the first day of the month following completion of a full year of service. 401(k): Beginning with the first payroll of the calendar quarter following three months of service, employees who are at least 21 years of age are eligible to make pre-tax contributions. At this time, Edelstein & Company matches employee contributions at a rate of $0.25 for each $1.00 put into the plan, up to 6.00% of your income.
Long Term disability benefits are available to regular employees who work a minimum of 20 hours per week. The plan provides a benefit of up to 60% of pre-disability earnings to a maximum of $5,000 per month, for disability in excess of 90 days.
Vacation and Sick Days
Vacation time accrues on a monthly basis, up to a maximum of fifteen days per full calendar year. After five years of professional experience, the maximum will increase to twenty days per calendar year. Unused vacation of up to 60 hours can be carried over to the following year.
You will be allotted 40 hours of paid sick leave per year. Sick leave accrues monthly from date of employment. Up to 40 hours can be carried over to the next year.
Continuing Professional Education
Our firm requires that all professional employees obtain a minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education annually and that they obtain a CPA certificate. Accordingly, we provide you with the opportunity to obtain 40 hours of continuing professional education. Our firm also pays for time spent studying and sitting for the CPA exam for a total of five days. See complete policy for details.
Flexible Spending Account
After 3 months of continuous service, you are eligible to set aside part of your salary before it is taxed, in order to pay for certain health care and/or dependent care expenses.